Saturday, February 19, 2011

What comes of Dreams

My little Swedish grandmother was the queen of baking in our family. She was always making cookies, and cinnamon rolls and made the best jelly roll ever! Her freezer was full of tins of baked goods and if there wasn't something fresh from the oven there would for sure be something pulled from her stash in the freezer. For Christmas one year she made me an entire nativity set of beautifully iced sugar cookies all neatly packed in a shoe box. So one time she had a dream that she used jello instead of sugar in her cookies and she woke up and made the most delicious pink cookies we called  "Gramma's Dream Cookies". When I was small I thought that was a very weird thing to dream about. The other night I dreamed that my grandmother was crocheting roses and handing them to me and I was stringing them into chains. In the dream they were changing into real flowers as I strung them. I woke up inspired to make this line of jewelery. Some of the best things come from dreams :)

4 comments:

  1. That's such an incredible story- I love it!

    Gorgeous roses, too, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this story about your Grandmother, inspiration and beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dream, your grandmother stopped by to say 'hi'! I too had a Swedish grandmother, well, great grandmother, and she made the most delicious dinner rolls EVER! She also loved to serve us jello... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post so much I've given you an award. :) Please visit my page to see the details. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete